Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage

Subject: Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 13:06:11 -0400
At 09:50 AM 6/4/99 -0700, you wrote:

>Could someone good at disassembly tell me how the players are used in Video
>Chess?
>
>Is it two sets of doubled players?
>
>I've been emailing Bob Whitehead and even he doesn't remember that much.

There was good article some time ago that covered Chess that could be found
online.  The article (I don't remember the source... help!) talked about
the history and life of the 2600.  I remember a long section detailing what
a great achievement Space Invaders was, both financially and technically,
for the 2600.  The article also described how different programming tricks
were used in certain games that marked milestones in the 2600's life.

I vaguely remember the article mentioning that the first way the chess was
written either blacked out the entire screen or had some other screen
display problem as the 2600 churned through its logic.  I even printed the
article out it was so interesting!  Where did I get it from?

Sorry I can't help more,

Ruffin Bailey
rufbo at bellsouth.net