Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage

Subject: Re: [stella] Video Chess player usage
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 14:51:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Ruffin Bailey wrote:

> At 09:50 AM 6/4/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >Could someone good at disassembly tell me how the players are used in Video
> >Chess?
> >
> >Is it two sets of doubled players?
> >
> >I've been emailing Bob Whitehead and even he doesn't remember that much.
>
> There was good article some time ago that covered Chess that could be found
> online.  The article (I don't remember the source... help!) talked about
> the history and life of the 2600.  I remember a long section detailing what
> a great achievement Space Invaders was, both financially and technically,
> for the 2600.  The article also described how different programming tricks
> were used in certain games that marked milestones in the 2600's life.

This would be the Design Case History article from (March 1983 ?) IEEE
Spectrum.  And yes, it's available online.  Someplace.

Mmmm.  Just found it again...try the 2600 Nexus, Library...
and for those of you wo are unfamiliar with the site, do check it out.
Alex has put a lot of work into the 2600 Nexus, and it is definitely one
of the best sources of info on the net!

-Chris

http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~bilstein/atari2600nexus/library/design_case.html