[stella] Role-Playing Game Development

Subject: [stella] Role-Playing Game Development
From: "David Schweinsberg" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 21:54:00 +0100
Hello

Here is the basic playfield for an RPG I'm working on.  The layout is very
much like Ultima IV, although the grid is 9x9 rather than 11x11, and the
status info on the right will consist only of triple P0 graphics.

Colour coding is used to indicate the type of terrain, and P1 graphics show
spot detail (castles, towns, bridges, ships, pursuing creatures, etc.).
Feedback would be appreciated, and any suggestions.  Dungeons will be
represented in a similar fashion.

You can't move about in this demo, as the world-data is fixed.  An encoding
scheme is currently under development to allow a large world (hopefully
256x256) to be held within something like a 16K cart. (thanks Chris!), with
lots of space left over.  I have some ideas but suggestions are encouraged.

David Schweinsberg

P.S. This has been tested using StellaX and PCAE, but not real hardware.

(encl. Our hero stands on the shore of a mighty sea, after emerging from the
dark, enchanted forest.)