Re: [stella] Read/Write bus timings...

Subject: Re: [stella] Read/Write bus timings...
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 03:04:06 -0400 (EDT)
> > General question:  Does anyone know the timing numbers, such as the setup
> > time for data in a read, and the hold time after the clock edge?  What
> > about the bus cycle time?(1/4, 1/2 of clock?)
>
> I could probably scope them out for you, but it might take a while.
> I have 7 "official" project ahead of this one, though it's straight
> forward enough that it might get a temporarily higher spot in the
> queue... ;)

Ok Marc,
(and anyone who wants to know ;)

I had a chance last week to look at some of the internal timing of my
2600jr (NTSC).  I probed A0, D0, R/W, and Phi2 (marked "CLK2" in the pix).
I got some rough timing diagrams.  My scope is the digital sampling type,
(100MHz I think).  So there is limited sampling resolution...and therefore,
limited measurement resolution.  Also it has a thermal printer and the paper
is pretty old...so bear with me!  :)

I cleaned up the images somewhat and added signal names, vertical timing bars,
and times in Xpaint.  I managed to get 5 reasonable measurements which show
the various delays.  The images (.GIF format) can be found at this URL:

http://www.mit.edu:8001/~ecwilkso/

Hope this is useful!

-Chris