Re: [stella] Newbie Question

Subject: Re: [stella] Newbie Question
From: jeffgamer@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Jeff Rothkopf)
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:49:53 -0500
>At 08:14 PM 6/27/99 -0500, you wrote:
>>I have been in contact with one of the owners of the
>>"Miss Piggy's Wedding" prototype. He's willing to have
>>the ROM image uploaded to the web for all of us to enjoy
>>but has no idea about how to go about getting it dumped.
>>
>>Likewise, I'm new to collecting Atari, so I have no idea either.
>>Can anyone help?
>
>I'm sure others will volunteer, but I have an EPROM programmer which hooks
>up to the serial port of any computer and you just talk to it through a
>dumb terminal program, grab an ascii capture of the hex dump, then convert
>hex to bin.  There may be others out there that are easier to use than
>this, but I am not a real techie and I managed to figure it out.
>
>I can lend it out, but only for a short time because I may need it again
>shortly.

If it would be easier, I have a couple of those cartridge copying devices,
like the Yoko and the Copycart system.  They're easy to use...just pop the
cart to be copied on one end, the blank cart on the other, and tell it to
do it's stuff.  If the person who owns the Miss Piggy's Wedding isn't
comfortable sending the proto out, I'd be willing to send one out to the
person on loan so that he/she can copy it for us.  They could then send the
two back to me and I can forward the copied program to one of the other
members of this stella group who knows how to read programs and upload to
the web (I, unfortunately, don't know how to do it, and don't think I have
the hardware to, either).

If the person who has the Miss Piggy's Wedding is the same one who is
currently auctioning one off on eBay, we'd need to do all this soon,
though, since once he receives payment for it, it'll be going in the mail
and we'll have lost our chance to make the to-be-uploaded copy.