[stella] My version of a scrolling demo

Subject: [stella] My version of a scrolling demo
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 14:24:28 +0200
John said he doesn't mind some competition and he wondered how much
difference a six sprite routine would make to the scrolling display,
so I did two little demos by myself. They work like Kurt has sugested
it, so I hope he isn't disapointed about my programming skills as well. ;-)
Both feature a font which is 7 (double)scanlines high and up to 8
pixels wide (+ 248 blank pixels after a character, if you want to).
The character set has ASCII characters from $20 to $7e and the text
can be added conveniently in ASCII form to the scource code.

SCRLBAR6.BIN uses single scanline resolution and can have 3056
characters. Since it was a bit hard to read on a real VCS, SCRLBAR5.BIN
uses double scanline resolution and can hold only 3015 characters.
On a Supercharger both programs can only hold 4 characters less than on
a real cart or an emulator.

These BINs are sligtly optimized versions of two BINs that I posted
two days ago, but that Glenn hasn't approved yet. If both post make it
through at the same day, I apologogize for the double post.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg.