Re: [stella] Networkable Atari.

Subject: Re: [stella] Networkable Atari.
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 13:58:49 +0200
At 19:11 06.07.99 -0800, you wrote:
>I think I have mentioned this here before... but here it goes again.
>Anyone who has a Supercharger Demo unit can test the fact that data can be
>loaded throught the joystick port successfully. This is how the SC Deno unit
>works. It must initialize the joystick port by an initial "boot-up" string
>through the earphone jack. Once this is done the SC Demo unit continuely
loads
>the demos through the joystick port. The earphone jack can be disconnected
>without affecting the demo. I want to dump the roms in my unit, however,
given
>how rare these things are, I am nervous about reverse engineering it. Now, if
>someone has a spare...... :-)

But where does the SC demo unit load the data from through the joystick
port, if it's not the tape?

If the demo unit has to load a "boot-up" string first to be able to
load data through the joystick port, then the ROMs in it migh
possibly be the same as the ones in a regular SC. Those have already
been dumped and are available on the net. And if it's the joystick
into a Windows WAV file and convert it into a binary with Bob Colbert's
MAKEBIN program. That wouldn't require to take the unit apart, right?

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg