Re: [stella] Mac Stella and the Joyport

Subject: Re: [stella] Mac Stella and the Joyport
From: Ruffin Bailey <rufbo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 99 21:00:06 -0000
>Does the USB version with work PC's too?
>
>What would the equivalent product be for the PC?

Fraid there isn't a PC version, as far as I know.  Kernal Tech Support
does do an awfully good job returning emails, however, if you'd like to
ask them.  Here's their email info, from their sig:

>Brian
>Tech Support                 Kernel Productions, Inc.
>kernel@xxxxxxxxxx            http://www.kernel.com/
>Makers of the JoyPort ADB & JoyPort USB joystick adapters
>and Lazarus, THE server crash protection solution for MacOS.

However I doubt they'll be of much help on the Win side of the house.  I
haven't heard of a product with quite this flexibility on the PC, which
suprised me.  The PC's definately where the money is.

While I'm on the subject, Kernal says this about 2600 paddles and driving
controllers:

>     The signal characteristics of those controllers are a bit too
>different to work with the JoyPort. Only the 2600 joysticks work with the
>JoyPort.

That mesh with what you know?  I'd love to give writing an Input Sprocket
for the paddles a go, and it seems like someone was posting info about
the paddles and/or driving controllers a while back.

Ruffin Bailey            |    Write Atari 2600 games on your PPC Mac!
rufbo at bellsouth.net   |    http://members.aol.com/mactari
-- Games Article author http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/games --