Re: [stella] chip plot

Subject: Re: [stella] chip plot
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:31:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> At 03:15 PM 7/13/99 -0400, you wrote:
> >Glenn,  do think the plot will make an appearance at CGExpo?
>
> Joe Decuir will be there.  I can request that he bring it, or leave it with
> me long enough for me to bring it myself.

That would be cool.

> What would be nice is if we could indeed convert this into a _vector_ file
> format which I could then potentially import into Lightwave.  If I could do
> that, then I could render any scale I wish without worrying about huge
> bitmaps.

Heehee!!  If you port this thing into Lightwave, one could in theory render
a 3D TIA.  It would be awesome to "walk around" inside the chip!!  A lot
of work, I know.  But cool none the less!  Yes, this would be a long term
project... :)

> However, I only have a couple weeks to put this into a useful format for
> the video.  The TIA chip has about 5000 gates.  That's a lot of work for
> anyone attempting to rebuild a schematic digitally.

Yep...no doubt.  Even when a person *knows* what the circuit is, has the
proper tools, and is simply trying to draw it, it's a lot of work! UGH!