RE: [stella] Superchip?

Subject: RE: [stella] Superchip?
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:45:59 -0700
At 08:21 AM 10/12/99 -0700, you wrote:
The nibble swaps, byte reversals and shifts are not used.

Let me get this right, so in hardware it can flip bytes and do other bitwise operations? This would be really useful in saving memory for graphics. You could store half the rotations for the tanks in combat and then just flip them in hardware when you read them out when needed. I suppose you can do that anyway on the 2600 using the 6507, but it would take more code and more CPU time to flip the bits.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment
Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698
Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/