Re: [stella] Pressure Gauge 2 --- too boring?

Subject: Re: [stella] Pressure Gauge 2 --- too boring?
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 12:41:33 -0600
>     Well, I just recently acquired a Supercharger
>last week, and haven't had a chance to take it for a
>test run just yet (makewav...how does this thingy work
>again?  Where's that FAQ....).  It won't be easy for
>me to test it with other people, since a lot of my
>friends who are into video gaming prefer the modern
>stuff and don't like old systems like the 2600 (they
>can be such craven puppies).

Yeah.  I'm finding that problem occurs more and more.  But I figure, Who
needs ultra-high performance 3D graphics and multi-sprite displaying, when
you have player-missile graphics?

>     It's not that the game is boring.  If anything, I
>definitely like the twists that you made.  It just
>suffers from the same flaw that games like South Park
>and Bomberman do:  multiplayer is where it's at.  So
>don't be discouraged by the silence you perceive.
>This is one person that would love to get this as a
>party game.  Although, the only suggestion I would
>make is to make the "prize" completely random.  It
>would certainly add an element of adventure to the
>proceedings.

	Hmm.  The way it runs now it takes all of the 4 players' heights of their
filling bars, XORs them together, and also XORs them with an incrementing
counter, such that if all 4 buttons are pressed down at once, then the
prizes would just increment through really fast in order.  However, the
player who is currently getting the item is forced not to press the button
because if they do, they'll get the prize that's currently in the corner.
	I tried to make it Super Mario Kart-ish, with the spinning items in the
corner.  I suppose I can make it more random, as there are ways it could be
rigged.  Good suggestion. :)

>     By the way, my sister, who is 25, likes Brittney
>Spears and played some of her music for me.  Trust me,
>the game music is not annoying.  I have heard
>annoying, and it's the first left past Vanilla Ice's house.

Thanks.  I guess that when I end up beta-testing a game on my own for an
extended period of time, repetitive things get annoyoing REALLY fast.

	-John K. Harvey