Re: [stella] RSYNC

Subject: Re: [stella] RSYNC
From: Mark De Smet <de-smet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 19:44:35 -0500 (CDT)
> What I don't know, and hopefully someone who may know the video signal
> better(Glenn?) could tell us, is if syncronization pulses are actually
> sent to the screen everyline.  I am unfamiliar with the data format sent
> out in composite sync.

On the scope, I see the video signal shows up like this: (adventure
startup screen)

+0.75

                            _________________
                          XXX               XXX
0                         |                   |
       |     XXXXXXX-------                   ---------
       |     |                                        |
       -------
-0.75

       < 4us ><4us ><4us ><       37 us       >< 5 us >
       <                ~64 us                        >

Here I what I think these segments are:
       HBLANK sync?  ???  video image, one line  ?????
              color?

By timing, this repeats about 15625 times a second, probably actually
15720. the horizontal scan rate; so this should be 1 line of signal.

Unfortunitely I don't have nice enough of a scope to see what is going on
during vertical vsync though.

Could Glenn, (or someone else) give us a lesson in what the parts of this
signal are, and which parts the TV is actually responding to?

BTW, a television image shows up like this:

+0.75

                          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
0                         |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|
       |     XXXXXXX-------XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX---------
       -------
-0.75

Mark