[stella] RSYNC

Subject: [stella] RSYNC
From: "John K. Harvey" <jkharvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 13:08:08 -0500
Hello.

Disclaimer:
A lot of the same question about a seemingly useless command.

Question:
Here's a tough one for y'all.  Has anyone ever used RSYNC?

I know it was used for chip testing, at least according to the manual.

Does anyone know if this is only used to reset horizontal sync time, or if
it could be used to alter the number of cycles needed for a specific
scanline, too?

Is horizontal sync time the 76 macine cycles required to draw a line, or is
it just the HBLANK period?  How would a tv screen react to a STA RSYNC
command?

Also, I don't suppose any 2600 games use RSYNC, as it seems mostly useless.
 Any ideas?

Sorry for the barrage of questions.  Just trying out some new schemes, and
I'm looking for new methods of implementation.  This may be what I need :)

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

	-John K. Harvey