Re: [stella] Thrust v0.9

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust v0.9
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 17:16:35 +0200
>- I'm using an illegal opcode (lax) for the scrolling
>  effect in the score-display. Only z26 supports these
>  opcodes and i wonder if they work with a real vcs.
>  I haven't found any information in the biglist, so
>  it's up to those who know better...

I haven't tested illegal opcodes myself yet, but I can't see why they
shouldn't work on a real VCS. Internally the 6507 is just the same as
the 6502, only some of the pins were removed.

>- On my computer (doesn't matter which emu) the sound
>  is terrible, when both circuits are used. Is there
>  a problem with my hardware or the emulation? Or is
>  this a general problem when using both circuits?

This sounds more like a problem between the emulator and your soundcard.
Do you have a small example program that demonstrates this effect?

>I could also add another obstacle (what?) besides
>REVERSE GRAVITY and that even more deadly "something".
>And there should be a rookie and an expert mode, which
>could have different starting-lifes, gravity, gun-fire
>etc.
>
>Any more ideas?

I'm probably even worse than Piero at playing this game, so I'm also
for a rookie mode. I think the main problem is that the ship turns a bit
too fast, so that exact maneuvering is very tough.

Since I can't get very far in this game, I don't what's missing. But
If you still have plenty of space, maybe you could put a PAL mode into
the same binary. And if you don't have an agreement with Firebird, you
might want to think again about putting their name in the game and the
documentation.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg