Re: [stella] Thrust v0.9

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust v0.9
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:06:30 +0200 (CEST)
<Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This sounds more like a problem between the >
emulator  and your soundcard.
> Do you have a small example program that
> demonstrates this effect?
Just listen to Thrust: when using Shield (DOWN) and
Thrust (FIRE) together, the result is much louder than
expected and doesn't sound right.

> I think the main problem is that the ship turns a
bit
> too fast, so that exact maneuvering is very tough.
The turning speed matches the speed of the C64
original now. I'll make it slower (are 20% reduction
enough?) in rookie-mode.

> If you still have plenty of space, maybe you could
> put a PAL mode into the same binary.
Yes, that's a good idea. I thought about two different
bins when i started developing Thrust. Your idea is
much better, i think correcting the timings for VBLANK
and overscan and some game-speed-parameters should do
it.

>And if you don't have an agreement with Firebird, you
> might want to think again about putting their name
> in the game and the documentation.
I have no idea how to contact Firebird. I thought it
would be legaly better to put their copyright in the
game and the manual, because both are very similar to
Firebird's C64-version. I don't know much about the
law, maybe you can help?

Thomas

=====
Thomas Jentzsch           | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
tjentzsch at yahoo dot de |