Re: [stella] Thrust v0.9

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust v0.9
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:36:10 +0200
>I want Thrust to work on are real VCS, if someone
>would
>show that illegal opcodes are a problem, i'd change
>the
>code. If not, i think the non-working emulators could
>be
>fixed very easily.

OK, I wrote a little test program that uses the LAX instruction and
tried it on my PAL VCS 2600jr. and a Supercharger. Unfortunately DASM
doesn't support illegal opcodes, so I had to insert them as byte values.
Can anyone modify DASM so that it accepts illegal opcodes or recommend
a PC assembler that accepts them?

Anyway, the demo program works on the VCS and the results were as if
the LAX gets executed properly, so I would say if Thrust doesn't work,
that's a problem of the emulators.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg