Re: [stella] miniaturization

Subject: Re: [stella] miniaturization
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 15:36:48 -0700 (PDT)
--- Timothy Farley <locke@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have you folks heard of the Game Axe? It's a
> handheld NES (6502) that
> obviously emulates the TIA etc.. It is known to play
> every game that has
> been tested with great acuracy. The Game Axe is
> available for about $100
> from www.lik-sang.com and also PROVES that a
> handheld Atari is possible....

Not just the Game Axe, a dandy little device I would
love to get, but remember the Game Gear is nothing
more than a portable Master System.  I thought I had
read that Majesco was going to release the Game Gear
for about $30 using the same marketing strategy they
used on the Genesis 3, but since there has been no new
Genny titles after Frogger and Majesco's site doesn't
even mention the Genny 3, I'm guessing that fell
through.

Still, that notion also provides a ray of hope.  Think
about it:  a $30 Game Gear, which has a color screen,
and the TV Tuner, if I recall correctly, had video and
audio inputs.  So there should be a way, if only the
secret could be found.

Dobre utka,
Pete Holland Jr.