Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 11:08:22 +0200
p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> BTW, isn't it possible to make it work with the Supercharger?
It's a 12k-game now, i don't know much about the Supercharger, but
i thought 8k was the limit.

> The only sub-standard thing, is the sound. Explosions are good, thrust
> sound is decent but abused on the 2600 (try to change its volume for maybe
> a more interesting effect) but shots sound awful. Please change it. Also,
> you need some effects for the end of level, a better startup sound..
> In general, please remove any sound effect that is ANNOYING..
Yes, i don't like all the sounds too. I have spent some time to make
the VCS sound like the original, but i can't find a good solution for
the startup and the ship-firing sound. The thrust sound is much lower
than the original now, because higher frequencies produce some rythmic
effects which i don't like.
Again: can anybody help me? (If you don't want to use a c64-emu, i
could provide some wavs.)

> As for PAL colors, with the help of PCAE you can try to find a combination
> of colors that look good both in PAL and NTSC. It will take some time, but
> it can be done (that's what I did with Oystron). Don't bother with the
> different timings, PAL TVs now can sync to the NTSC frame rate.
I think (and hope) i have the time and space to use two different
color-sets, because i would like to keep the colors near the original
ones. And i hope my PAL TV can sync to NTSC...

tjentzsch at web dot de |
IhrName@xxxxxx, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de