[stella] VDEL

Subject: [stella] VDEL
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:35:37 -0700
Could someone write an overview of how VDEL is actually used in a kernel as a vertical positioning system for me in such a way that I can just paraphrase it into a voiceover? It seems that would be the easiest way to do it.

Then I can focus on diagramming it.

The big three things I wanted to cover was VDEL, player positioning, and polynomial counters.

I'm including a file here which is a shockwave flash that is supposed to illustrate a 4-bit polynomial counter.

I would like to expand on this diagram to show how the TIA drives the speaker with this type of counter, and how it performs sprite positioning (via coarse and fine registers) in combination with the binary/decimal -> poly value code.

Any stabs at one-paragraph encapsulations that a layman might be able to grasp, but detailed enough to help describe a supporting diagram, would be great.

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/