Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust 1.0
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 14:09:41 +0200
>Says who? Last time I checked, the two buttons on the 7800 controller were
>wired to the paddle lines (and both crosswired to the standard trigger). So
>to read them separately, you'd need to ignore the trigger line and just poll
>the paddle lines.

The guy who wrote the documentation for Atari's 7800 development cartridge
says so. You need to set two of the unsued bits in SWBCNT to output, and
that only works on the 7800 in MARIA mode. I've tried to prove him wrong,
but wasn't successfull with it. If you can, I'd really like to hear about
it. ;-)

Besides, the proline controllers were released in '83 or '84. If it were
possible to access the two buttons seperately on a VCS, someone would
probably have made use of it already.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg