[stella] Supercharger and the 7800?

Subject: [stella] Supercharger and the 7800?
From: A Braunsdorf <ab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:44:52 -0500
I searched the archive and found some people had trouble using a
Supercharger on the 7800 and others didn't, but none of the followups
explained it.

I've tried my Supercharger in both the 7800s down here, and one
just flashes the screen green and black.  The other doesn't want
to turn on with it installed, but if you mess with it it comes up
and prompts, but never seems to load (though sometimes the message
will change to just "Rewind Tape").  My 2600s work fine with the
same setup.

Is there anything I can do to make them work?  The output of the
7800 looks so much better than my 2600s, I hate to downgrade. :-(

Only thing I thought of observationally is that the Supercharger
might draw more power than a regular cartridge and my (and those
other folks') power supply might be underperforming.  I used the
same power supply on both 7800s.  I'll see if I can find another
one around here somewhere...

ab