Re: [stella] SQL megalist

Subject: Re: [stella] SQL megalist
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:54:55 +0100
At 18.20 23/11/00 -0800, Glenn Saunders wrote:

Arg, it was too tedious to type in, so I found a way to parse through Giant List and then did some clean up. Unfortunately I wound up losing the associations between programmer and game in the process, so that will have to be redone.

Very nice start! I see that you have inclued almost any system including pinballs and arcade games in the platforms table. Is this the first step towards the "Universal Home-Arcade Games Database" ? :-)

Also, should things become really serious, you will have to build a more complex database structure. For example, to avoid data duplication, you'd better put the game name in a separate table, because the same game could be available for more platforms.

If you can have a decent web-app working, that allows users to insert and update data, then the data-entry part will not be a problem anymore. I'm sure that there is enough people on the net willing to type-in the data for their favourite systems.

Ciao,
 P.

-- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/