Re: [stella] Closed Captions (Again)

Subject: Re: [stella] Closed Captions (Again)
From: Erik Mooney <emooney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 22:22:05 -0500
> Also, you do know that you need to feed the 2600 through a TBC in order to
> introduce interlace into the signal, right?  There are issues with sprite
> flicker when you do this, but I don't think that would be a problem with
> playfield.

I still think you can get the 2600 to generate a properly interlaced
display.  Start your 3 lines of VSYNC in the _middle_ of a scanline, which
will cause the second field to be delayed vertically by half a scanline,
and then if you do a total of 525 lines across the two fields, it should
be properly interlaced.  I wish I had some time to try this myself...