[stella] Emulator features (was Qb/Demo)

Subject: [stella] Emulator features (was Qb/Demo)
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:46:55 +0100
Manuel Polik wrote:
> Talking about BIG moving objects, most impressive thing I've seen so far
> is 'Dolphin'. How on earth did they do that?!? These two very big, even
> animated sprites + that object in the water in the same scanline without
> any flicker...
> I bet, both the dolphin & the kraken(?) are made of one sprite + one
> missile, but just think how much work they must've spent to make it look
> that great! I think they even horizontally move & change the # (&size)
> of missile copies in every line for both objects!!
> Absolutely pushing the VCS to it's limits and even beyond :-)

Hey, that would give a great extra feature in the emulators (Eckhard? ;-), if you could select which objects (player, missiles, ball, playfield-registers etc.) should be displayed or not
That would help analysing existing games very much. Shouldn't be very difficult to implement this.

tjentzsch at web dot de |
Die Fachpresse ist sich einig: WEB.DE 18mal Testsieger! Kostenlos E-Mail,
Fax, SMS, Verschlüsselung, POP3, WAP....testen Sie uns! http://freemail.web.de

-