[stella] Qb: Latest version v0.02

Subject: [stella] Qb: Latest version v0.02
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 01:51:17 +1100
Many thanks to Manuel for the suggestions and optimisations on v0.01.
Attached is the latest version, v0.02.  I find it VERY touchy to code-size
changes, which push critical code over page boundaries, changing timing.
Difficult to work with.  Anyway, you can see the score/info displays up... a
nice shaded double-height 6-digit routine in both cases.  Source code is now
too big to reasonably post to the list - anyone who wants it, please write
me and I'll return-email it - for now, anyway.
One conceptual problem I have is that when you jump at the top of the
screen, your sprite disappears, as sprites are used for the high-score
routine.  I guess I could detect that, and switch off the score when you do
that... but it would look a bit odd.  Any suggestions?
As for speed, it is dog-slow for me, too, running Z26 under W2K... but it is
fast running on PCAE.  I have the speed at 'reasonable' under PCAE.  Can
anyone comment on the speed on a real machine?
As usual, *any* feedback much appreciated.
Thanks
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v