Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?

Subject: Re: [stella] [POLL] So, what are you working on?
From: Manuel Polik <manuel.polik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:46:51 +0100
Joe Grand wrote:

> I started playing with horizontal movement and positioning for the data
> blobs (currently are the cars from Freeway), I ran into some timing
> problems. I think I will need to do a two-line kernel so I can get
> everything done in time. I will definetely need help with optimization when
> I get to a decent point.

Try looking at the rules Thomas sent in regarding my Gunfight kernel.
Look on how I used all these tips in my current kernel I sent yesterday.
If time permits I might take a look at your code soon.

> I still need help thinking of a name - I assume this will be easier when I
> actually have some decent play action.

DMA :-)

> (For those that forgot, I'm posting binaries and source for my updates on
> http://www.mindspring.com/~jgrand/atari ) If people want, I can post the
> bins and source to the list for archival purposes?

I think this would be better. Greg Troutman was doing all his stuff on
his webpage only, and now he, his page & everything he did is gone.
Besides, most people - including me - won't check other webpages too
often. And on the list you get always positive feedback.

Greetings,
	Manuel

-