Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1

Subject: Re: [stella] And now, something completely different... JAMMED v0.1
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 15:03:30 +0100
>> some month ago Brian Prescot presented his Atari 2600 version of the game
Rush Hour. He called it Crazy Valet.<<

>>From the first moment I was fascinated by the game concept, so i followed
the links of his homepage and found a lot of interesting stuff. <<

Hey that's funny. I felt the same way and also did a version myself. My
goal was to create a nicer display with lots of different colours in PAL
mode though. ;-)

Also since I don't have a PIII 800 to generate new levels for me, I
used the levels from the original board game. And since those fittet
in my code nicely, I didn't need to come up with an efficient packing
method. This means that my version can only store about 250 levels
in 4K. But on the other hand my version can handle levels with two
escape cars or levels where the escape car is 3 squares long. ;-)

Of course I can't distribute the original levels, but maybe someone
is interested in my colour block kernel anyway. Is's set up for 160
levels which are seperated in four sets. The sets can be selected with
the two difficulty switches. The individual levels can be selected
with the SELECT switch and started with the RESET switch. But you'd
have to create the all the levels yourself, if you want to make use
of this kernel. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg