[stella] Jammed v0.2

Subject: [stella] Jammed v0.2
From: "Thomas Jentzsch" <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 11:57:15 +0100
Hi,
attached to this is a slightly updated version. It now supports PAL with the RIGHT DIFFICULTY switch (the PAL car is green now), and I did some code optimizations. (still no sound and still ~200 bytes ROM and 30 bytes RAM free)

I'd like to use the ball to give the red stop cursor always a white background. Unfortunately all cursors are 7 pixels wide (has to be an odd number to make the up/down arrows look nice) and so the "hole" in the stop cursor is 5 pixels wide. That means, I can only use a 4 pixel wide ball, which I'd display, alternating between left and right aligned, inside the "hole". This results in some quite noticable (in z26) flicker, when the cursor is over a black background.

What do you think? Or do you have some better ideas how to handle that? (I don't want to use the PF, because that would complicate everything a lot and cost a lot of bytes too.)

Have fun!
tjentzsch at web dot de |

Alles unter einem Dach: Informationen, Fun, E-Mails. Bei WEB.DE: http://web.de
Die große Welt der Kommunikation: E-Mail, Fax, SMS, WAP: http://freemail.web.de