Re: [stella] SuperDuperCharger interest check

Subject: Re: [stella] SuperDuperCharger interest check
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 20:55:11 +0100
> >I suspect I'll stick to the SC... but I'd be very interested in a 7800
> >equivalent if you decide to design one at some point in the future.
>
> Instead of designing another product, wouldn't it be easier to make the
SDC
> work for both the 2600 and the 7800?

I think what Greg meant was a cartridge that lets him play all
the 7800 ROMs on his 7800 console. To be able to do that you'd
have to use the extra address pins on the 7800, which in return
means that such a cartridge wouldn't fit into the 2600 anymore.
So unfortunately a combo cart that works on both consoles is
practically impossible.

And I think Chad is probably not going to design a 7800 dev
cart, if he can't even sell a 2600 version. So that's one
more reason to buy a SDC. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-