Re: [stella] SuperDuperCharger interest check

Subject: Re: [stella] SuperDuperCharger interest check
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:22:13 -0500
>So unfortunately a combo cart that works on both consoles is
>practically impossible.

No, not really.  Just think "XonoX"...have one end for 2600's and the
other end for 7800's.

>And I think Chad is probably not going to design a 7800 dev
>cart, if he can't even sell a 2600 version. So that's one
>more reason to buy a SDC. ;-)

A dual version would sell more total copies, if the prices were comparable.
But since the SDC is all built, etc...it may not be worth the extra design
time.

Someone here (was it you, Lee?) mentioned that Fatal Run would only run
on emulators for most people.  What kind of bankswitching does it use?
Does it use extra RAM at all?  Or is it just a big ROM?

Also, Randy Crihfield makes Quadrun carts, I think.  I know the boards I
sold him support it.  Any simple 8k/16k game (no RAM) should be fine.

-Chris

-