Re: [stella] Weekend update + timing issue

Subject: Re: [stella] Weekend update + timing issue
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 13:00:57 +1100
A major problem with this code appears to be the use of the stack pointer
inside the DrawScore loop, without saving and restoring this pointer around
the loop.  What this means is that the stack pointer (and hence the return
address from the routine) is in an unknown state when this routine
terminates.  In fact, it depends on the data written to the score digits -
which is probably why you're seeing different effects with the digit
displayed.

I'd recommend wrapping this code with the following...

    tsx
    stx savestack

DrawScore
    ... stuff here

    ldx savestack
    txs

That's a definite problem.... probably THE problem.
Cheers

see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v