Re: [stella] Supercharger Stars

Subject: Re: [stella] Supercharger Stars
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:08:52 +0100
> Tempest wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have the code for how they did those twinkling stars in the
> > Supercharger start-up screen?  I think they would be cool to put in my
Major
> > Havoc type game, but I don't know if they will screw with the other
sprites
> > (adding major flicker).
>
> Try the a search in the Stella archive for 'cosmic ark stars'.

While this is a good way to display a starfield screen, it's not the
same effect. For the Starpath start-up screen they set up 256 bytes of
the SC RAM with some data. They use this data to manipulate the
ball graphics. They change the colour and shift it in every scanline.
Since most values would result in a black colour, you get a falling
starfield effect.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-