Re: [stella] scsiside v0.03 (still a demo)

Subject: Re: [stella] scsiside v0.03 (still a demo)
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 07:06:08 +1100
Looking very nice, Joe.
I have a suggestion... why not use background (PF) for the data bits
whizzing past?
You have 40 pixels/line, and you could store your 10 lines in 60 bytes (or
if you limit the width to 32 pixels, just 40 bytes).  Then to animate, you'd
just have to roll the bits in the PF.  Should be pretty simple.
That way you'd get LOTS of bits on a line, and no flicker at all.
Just an idea.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of PF animation about - this
seems a good use for it.
Cheers
see my Museum of Soviet Calculators at                  (            \
http://www.taswegian.com/MOSCOW/soviet.html              \    __     /
                                                              @--> v