Re: [stella] And now, for my next trick...

Subject: Re: [stella] And now, for my next trick...
From: "Clay Halliwell" <clay.h@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 19:07:31 -0600
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <stella@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2001 6:12 AM
Subject: [stella] And now, for my next trick...

> b) Life on Mars.   An implementation of John Conway's life (in at least a
> 32x32 - or possibly up to 40 x 64 - grid).   All in orangy/red colours,
and

Don't forget that you also need to store TWO copies of the grid at all
times... the current grid, and the next-generation grid. If you just use
one, the pattern smears in the direction of your update algo, and it doesn't
work right.

 --
Clay Halliwell           | ATARI XL/XE   DO + THE
clay.FAKEMEAT.h@xxxxxxx  | 8 - B I T S   --------

-