Re: [stella] And now, for my next trick...

Subject: Re: [stella] And now, for my next trick...
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 00:57:52 -0600
At 7:08 PM +0100 3/8/01, Thomas Jentzsch wrote:
>BTW: I remember a lot of different rules for Life, what
>are the original ones?

2-3-3-3 if I remember right...  Meaning 2 or 3 surrounding
live cells would sustain life, and 3 or 3 (min/max, not
redundant in other rules) surrounding live cells will spawn
life.  I should be able to dig out some old newsletters to
confirm this if need be.  I think other "reasonable" rules
may have been stated in an issue or two, but many other
numbers are unstable.

>Or are you planning user customizable rules?

I'd concentrate more on just allowing users to draw
starting patterns, choose if they want "meteor showers"
to restart static patterns or even just shake up things
randomly, that sort of thing, instead of allowing them
to change the 2-3-3-3 rule, but if you can fit it ALL in,
then why not?
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||

-