Re: [stella] Trick12

Subject: Re: [stella] Trick12
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:14:00 +0100
Thomas Jentzsch wrote:

> Glenn Saunders wrote:
> > This is REALLY COOL and opens up the door to a lot of different games
that
> > would otherwise be constrained to six sprites or the use of playfield.
For
> > instance, Okie Dokie could be rewritten for 12 sprites, or a version of
> > Othello or Go.
>
> I didn't realized that, but I think you're right.

While I agree, that this is a very cool variation of the 18 sprites
trick, I don't think it's too useful for any of the games mentioned
above. Othello and Go require the posibility of empty fields, which
this trick doesn't provide. And for Okie Dokie you might want to
use the monochrome version of this trick, since it allows more sprites
per row.

So Thomas, don't torture us any longer. Tell us what game you plan
to use this routine in, please. ;-)

> Thanks! I wish, somebody would find a nice name (like "Venetian Blinds")
for it :)

After looking at the depressed expressions on the faces of your
sprites, the only associations that I could come up with are
"chain gang" and "player polonaise". I'm sure somebody else can
come up with something nicer than that. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-