Re: [stella] Qb: FINAL (?)

Subject: Re: [stella] Qb: FINAL (?)
From: "Eckhard Stolberg" <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:59:40 +0100
> Please report any bugs/glitches... I'm fairly confident there won't be
many.
> Specifically, I've fixed the problems when the tableaux changes during
> mid-game, and when there are lots of cubes on the screen.  Appears to work
> OK in both PAL and NTSC.  I've also changed the timer usage so that the
> screen #lines appears to be stable (finally!)

OK, I took a quick look at this version, and as far as I can tell
the timing problems seem to be gone in both the PAL and the NTSC
version. However now it seems as if you are doing the VSYNC for too
long. On my TV this results in a strange gloom at the top of the screen.
When I play the NTSC version on my PAL system, this gloom almost
overshines the top third of the display. You should limit the VSYNC
signal to exactly three lines, not the six that you are doing now.
I think this will fix this strange behaviour.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

-