Re: [stella] Trick12

Subject: Re: [stella] Trick12
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 21:29:57 +0100
Eckhard Stolberg wrote:
> While I agree, that this is a very cool variation of the 18 sprites
> trick, I don't think it's too useful for any of the games mentioned
> above. Othello and Go require the posibility of empty fields, which
> this trick doesn't provide.

Unfortunately, that's correct,

> And for Okie Dokie you might want to
> use the monochrome version of this trick, since it allows more sprites
> per row.

As far as I understand the monochrome version, it's not
capable of disabling individual sprites. So Trick12
might help here and fantastic Erik's new routine does
it even better!

> So Thomas, don't torture us any longer. Tell us what game you plan
> to use this routine in, please. ;-)

Manuel mentioned the word "Elevator" and I want to use
this to to display a row of up and down buttons, which
can be enabled or disabled.

That's all I want to say now, because I'm not even
sure, if the concept of the game is fun at all. And I
just started to play around with the graphics, so don't
expect to see something too soon (if ever).

> After looking at the depressed expressions on the faces of your
> sprites, the only associations that I could come up with are
> "chain gang" and "player polonaise". I'm sure somebody else can
> come up with something nicer than that. ;-)

I don't know why, but I'm not really happy with this ;-)

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |

-