[stella] Gunfight 2600: C'era Una Volta Il West

Subject: [stella] Gunfight 2600: C'era Una Volta Il West
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 20:38:10 +0200
Hi there!

Here's another update to my slowly progressing game.

I'm just posting it, since it was so quiet here lately. Normally I'd
have worked a little bit further, before releasing it :-)

Ok, here's the progress:
- Everything that has to do with bullets is now rewritten under the
aspect that I dropped the 2-way shot too. The way I attempted it had a
very crappy look & feel, so I decided to better cancel that feature.
- The cowboys can shoot now :-)
- The bullets have a certain life-time
- Skip between two different speed modes with the left (player 0)
difficulty switch.

Ok, here's what I've in my ToDo list (and what I delayed to revive the
list :-))

- A real bullet management, so that every cowboy can fire three bullets
instead of one
- A buffered read of the Fire Button
- And of course I want to toy around with the standard 6-digit-char
  routine, since I'd like to have something like this:
  "XX   XX   XX" instead of the normal, centered "XXXXXX".
  Should be possible, or?  :-)

(Ok, besides that is a lot more to do, like obstacles, collision
detection, jingles...)

I've some design question: Since I'm sure everybody once played Outlaw
or Gunfight, I'd like to know if YOU liked the *reload/sixshooter* modes
of the games? I myself never liked it and would be happy to drop that
*feature* without relacement. Anyone insisting on such a mode? And who's
voting for my beloved - though unrealistic - unlimited ammo guns?

Included are bin & source. The major obstacle this time was realising
the difference between ORA #%10000110 and ORA %10000110 at three o'clock
in the morning. You know, the usual "I've done everything right and
still it doesn't work!" problem :-)

Greetings,
	Manuel