Re: [stella] Dungeons

Subject: Re: [stella] Dungeons
From: Rob <kudla@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:07:36 -0400
At 08:59 AM 4/24/01 +0200, Manuel Polik wrote:
>Glenn, I know you're always trying to move people in that direction. But
>I'd never go that way. To me it's not the *real* thing. Doing something
>for the Supercharger is like cheating.

I've never started anything serious for the Supercharger for a number of
reasons...

(1) I don't actually have one myself.  Not being an ebay or flea market
kind of guy, I may never get one.  That's why I'm looking forward to that
cartridge with the chameleonic fish for a name I can't remember.  Used to
be called Superdupercharger. ;)

(2) Most other 2600 owners, even active ones, don't have one either.  So I
go from one obscure nostalgia-based platform to a subset that's still more
obscure, even if more practical.

(3) It's easy to get carts made now and a big ego rush to see your own work
committed to ROM.  At least it is for me.

Now, the Jumpman/Jumpman Jr. thing if I ever have time to do it could be a
Supercharger thing, or it could be a big bankswitched cartridge.  It would
be a lot easier to do things with the SC or a cart with some RAM on it, but
I think it's still possible with just the 128 bytes and it's more of a
challenge that way.

Rob

-