Re: [stella] "How To Design & Build Your Own Custom TV Games"

Subject: Re: [stella] "How To Design & Build Your Own Custom TV Games"
From: Russ Perry Jr <slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 21:18:34 -0500
At 7:04 PM -0230 5/6/01, Julian Squires wrote:
>On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 11:22:20PM +0200, Piero Cavina wrote:
>> What's this book really about?
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.it/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1234820975

That URL gives me a notice that (in Italian, which I can't read, but
apparently) says the auction is not valid.  What happened there?

>Building simple videogames out of stock digital electronics parts,
>aimed at hobbyists attempting to learn electronics. Nothing
>particularly interesting from a game programmer's standpoint --
>even amateur console designers won't find it as useful as a solid
>book on digital design. (Basically everything is around VCS level,
>but the games are hardcoded in the hardware, like old-school arcade
>machines)
>
>I have a copy for amusement's sake. (Two of the ``screenshots'' on
>the cover look like combat -- who could go wrong?)

Who published this book?  Was it an Italian book?  British?  American?

I'd love to see the cover if you didn't mind pushing it past a
scanner...  And if any more come up on eBay, don't be afraid to
let me know, as I think I wouldn't mind this in my collection.  :-)
||  Russ Perry Jr   2175 S Tonne Dr #114   Arlington Hts IL 60005  ||
||  847-952-9729    slapdash@xxxxxxxxxxxx    VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR!  ||

-