Re: [stella] SRAM cart for 2600?

Subject: Re: [stella] SRAM cart for 2600?
From: "Maximiliam Luppe" <maxluppe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 19:55:08 -0300
Sorry about the delay. Let's go to the questions...

> Thanks. I really appreciate all of the help you have givin me. I only have
> few more quesrtions...

You are welcome. Make the questions... ;-)

> What should I use for the unlabeled parts in the cart
> schematics? There are 2 resistors and two capacitors that have no value
> written beside them.

The capacitor near the switch is to remove noise. Any value between
10nF-100nF is enough. The Resistor near the 74HC14 is not necessary any
more, if you will make the changes to use the 32kx8 memory you found. Other
wise, any value between 4k7 and 10k is enough.

> Also, connected to pin 12 of the cart schematic is a capacitor, a
> resistor, and something that looks like a fork. What does that mean?

These components are probably filters, but I'm not sure. You can remove
them. The simbol that looks like a fork is to indicate shieldering (sorry my
poor English), and I think this is a mistake. The pin 12 and pin 24 are
inverted. Connect the pin 12 to the ground (4KCART.PCX file) and connect pin
24 in the 74HC14 and remove the two components (R and C). If I had time,
I'll reedit the schematic.

> Also, what are the two LED's in the cart for? Are they necessary? thanks.

They are used to polarize the transistor. Yes, they are necessary.

http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/

-