Re: [stella] help

Subject: Re: [stella] help
From: Erik Mooney <erik@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 15:28:25 -0400
On Thu, 28 Jun 2001 10:23:39 EDT, you wrote:

>Hi guys
>I am currently developing a new game for the 2600 and am experienced in ASM - my
>problem is that i hate it - i know all u guys will undoubably hate me but is
>there not a different language to develop a A2600 title on or am i doomed to ASM?

If you can find or modify a C compiler that will compile to 6502 code and allow
you enough control over cycle counts, timing, memory locations, and so on, then
theoretically yes.  But other than that, nope, and all of us here on the list use
6502 assembler.

Remember you can use assembler macros for many common operations, an example
being a common one-instruction if/then case.  That'll take a little of the tedium
out of assembler.

-