[stella] SCSIcide 1.2: Sound and updated graphics

Subject: [stella] SCSIcide 1.2: Sound and updated graphics
From: Joe Grand <jgrand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:51:21 -0400
Hey guys-

Here is a .ZIP file containing the source and binary for v1.2 of SCSIcide. I've added the following:

() Graphics updated for score font, drivehead, and data bits.

() Colors updated for optimal TV display and to avoid confusion between bits. This is difficult to do given the variation in color of different television sets. I won't be having a PAL/NTSC switch, so the colors for PAL might be a little off, too. Can someone with a PAL system provide me with a screen shot?

() Added sound effects for the following events:
	- Correct data bit read (boing)
	- Incorrect data bit read (bzzzzt!)
	- Missed data bit (bloop)
	- Ambient sound (hard drive spinning) - increases in pitch every level

This will be the last public source code and binary release until after CGE2K, since the rest of my work (with the exception of any urgent changes) will be the title screen and easter egg. Releasing code with the easter egg in it doesn't make for much of a challenge. :)

The web page has also been updated (http://www.mindspring.com/~jgrand/atari)

If you have any final comments, please let me know as soon as possible. I have until next Friday (8 days) to have the game completed, soldered into the boards, and carts made.

See ya..

Joe