Re: [stella] Closed Captioning revisited

Subject: Re: [stella] Closed Captioning revisited
From: Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 11:15:31 +0200
At 04.27 07/08/01 -0400, Steveg1138@xxxxxxx wrote:

UK TV's have teletext decoders built in that display the data as text frames.

We've had it in Italy for years, I think it's an European standard..

Its a bit slow but really pre-web useful!

The fun thing is that it's really old technology, but probably more appreciated than newer technology..
Turn on the TV, push three buttons and in a few seconds you've weather forecasts. Not quite the same with Web-TV and a dial-up line.. :)

Another fun thing is that it includes "push technology", much before Internet Explorer 4! :)
Tune teletext on a given "news" page, and a two-lines message will pop up as soon as a new message is available!

-