Re: [stella] Decathlon Incompatibility Problem

Subject: Re: [stella] Decathlon Incompatibility Problem
From: Pete Holland <petehollandjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 04:55:30 -0700 (PDT)
Well, please note this info from me is from a guy who
likes to read and doesn't (yet) grasp the technical
aspects.  The gearheads can give you a more definitive
answer, so just consider this a starting point.

The best theory I have heard is it concerns the
circuitry inside the 7800.  Supposedly, one person
pulled apart several 7800's, including one that worked
with the Super Charger, and examined them.  I think he
found one part or junction soldered on the SC 7800
that wasn't done on any of the other units.  I don't
recall if he tried working on the others to test the
theory, but I think that's as good as it gets.

Incidentally, (once again, don't go based on just my
word), I wouldn't think an incompatible unit would get
fried by a SC.  If the unit can't run the code, it'll
just sit there unable to do anything.  It's not like
the SC is wired in a way that runs voltage where it
isn't supposed to go and will ruin it.  The guy who
wrote the 2600 faq and reported his findings made no
mention of the units breaking after his tests, so you
might be okay to try.

Dobre utka,
Pete Holland Jr.