Re: [stella] Re: 2600's TIA & the TV Boy

Subject: Re: [stella] Re: 2600's TIA & the TV Boy
From: "Christopher Rydberg" <solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 02:50:32 +0000

It sure sounds like a similar situation is developing on the hardware side.
Let me just say that anyone thinking of selling ANY 2600-related hardware
in quantities of 10,000 - even to emulate it on other platforms - is
smoking a big bowl of cheap crack. You may proceed with the "nuh-uhs".

I'm afraid I have to disagree as well. It's all in the presentation and the marketing. The reason things don't sell now is because the audience/market for them doesn't know about them. If the exposure was there I think one of these systems could do respectable numbers. Will it tople PS2 and Gameboy Advance? Hell no! It's a different market. It's the retrogaming market. It's the retro market in general. Funcoland made big money out of the retrogaming market and ebay just about built themselves out of it. The key is to get to your market and right now no one has figured out how or even tried.

Christopher "If you build it they will come" Rydberg
solitaire0@xxxxxxxxxxx
afterlife.100megsfree4.com