Re: [stella] Playfield ram usage

Subject: Re: [stella] Playfield ram usage
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:43:24 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Glenn Saunders wrote:

> I can see the encoding being put into some sort of array describing the row
> and position of each tombstone as well as a total number of tombstones for
> each row (to loop over).

Instead of including a number of tombstones per row, you might might just
have a dummy tombstone location (use zero, for obvious reasons) that signals
the end of that row.  It would work something like this:  load the position
of the next tombstone on the row.  If it's non zero then loop...otherwise
the row is done.  This would keep you from decrementing a tombstone counter
on each row. I'm not sure exactly what your display will look like, but it
might save you a cycle or two.

-Chris

-