Re: [stella] How about 6800?

Subject: Re: [stella] How about 6800?
From: Chris Wilkson <ecwilkso@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 17:14:42 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Gonzalo,

The 6800 books will give you a good idea about assembly language in
general.  Then it's just an easy jump to learn the 6502 instruction
set instead of the 6800.

I don't rember the differences between the 6800 and the 6809, but I
know the 6809 is a 8 bit processor with some 16-bit internal registers.
It has 2 8-bit accumulators that can be addressed as a single 16 bit.
It also has 2 16-bit index registers, a direct page register (that rocks!)
and 16-bit stack pointers.  Horsepower wise, it's a monster compared to
the 6502.  And I think the 6800 architectural datails are pretty similar.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's a good idea...just don't get too
excited about the ease of conversion between the 6502 and 6800.

-Chris

-