Re: [stella] HTML version of Stella Programmer's Guide

Subject: Re: [stella] HTML version of Stella Programmer's Guide
From: Glenn Saunders <cybpunks2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 08:44:23 -0700
At 03:48 AM 9/16/2001 -0400, you wrote:
Hmm, 1x1 GIFs of the right color, scaled to fit a table cell, might work
better for this. There are still some people using browsers that don't do
colored table cells (Netscape 3.0, which I use on my laptop, doesn't).

Wow, I didn't know anyone was still using a browser that old these day. Even WebTV supports table cell background colors.

Is it a speed issue? Opera would work okay on lower specced systems.

It's just that 128 1 pixel gifs take a long time to create and open up a ton of needless HTTP connections. Is it really necessary to set the bar that low?

Glenn Saunders - Producer - Cyberpunks Entertainment Personal homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/1698 Cyberpunks Entertainment: http://cyberpunks.uni.cc

- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/